Self-definition
Let’s try to ask yourself: who am I? Who is that
person which I see every morning in the mirror? Look into yourself and make
yourself-definition. I think, that everyone has a real problem with that
question. We don’t like to judge ourselves. Is better to make an opinion about
our friends or people which we see every day on the streets. We have knowledge
about ours advantages and disadvantages. However do we really know where the
end of our possibilities is, what are the needs of our souls, what gives us
real happiness?
In our times, times of technology and rush, people get
lost in the great big world of possibilities. They broaden their knowledge of
the world, explore many different points of view and based on this they make
conclusions. We become objective, passive observers of the universe. We lose the ability to discover, we fail to
trust our own intuition. We are wasting our creativity, the ability to create
our own unique space. We are losing consciousness of action.
Where is the passion of live? We conduct mundane
lifestyle, follow common paths, so life passes through our fingers.
Some time ago I lost the joy of life. Everything
seemed to be meaningless. I decided to go somewhere and clear my head of all
destructive thoughts. I bought the
ticket to Oslo in Norway. The decision to go there was made the day before the
date of departure. I had practically one evening to develop strategies of my
trip and pack a backpack. The next day started very busy, at a dizzying pace
had to exchange currency on the Norwegian Crown and get on the bus to the
airport.
Many people think I'm crazy, others ask why I went
alone to an unknown place. But for me it was the time of spiritual renewal, the
time to discover myself. Incredible opportunity to learn about my weaknesses,
but also the time to believe how much I can achieve. The whole trip I wanted to
live without the internet and phone. I have been depending on my intuition,
strength and skills of reading maps. Importantly, I had very small amount of
the funds. I had literally the amount needed to survive without frills. Norway
is a very expensive country. For the price of one night in hotel, I could
survive three days sleeping in the tent. I had also enough cash to buy food and
travel around the city. In Norway, a tourist can stay for one night anywhere he
wants, of course, outside private building plots. So initially I thought that
finding a places for a tent, will be quite easy. I was so surprised when I saw
a huge farmland surrounded the airport. To find a piece of free space I
wandered for 4 hours with 15 kilograms rucksack on my back. The first night I
did not sleep at all, fearing that the wind will destroy my tent. The next day
I wandered next 4 hours to get back to the airport, where I took a bus to the
center of Oslo.
When we stand up to that challenge we can say: Nothing
ventured, nothing gained. And we gain
the best in-a-lifetime memories. For example, 'taking a shower' in the sink of
municipal toilets, drying the hair under the hands dryer, flavor of military
food and coffee powder with cold water, pain and fatigue. But especially
breathtaking views, the sunsets long after midnight and the indescribable joy of
existence. Such is the superiority of being over possession. During the pure
joy of discovery, I did not feel that something is missing. I had the feeling
that I was extremely surprising for myself. For me, it is still hard to
believe, but I did it. I beat my own weaknesses.
I say this not to present my courage, or to impress
someone. I'm talking about the fact that disconnection is very important in the
life of every human being. The ability to break away from everyday life to
embark on a journey into the depths of ourselves.
Experience of myself alone at the time of
disconnection was for me very important to find an answer to the question who I
am. It has to do also with referring to other people. When we begin to judge a
stranger by a combination of several facts together. For example, when we try
to judge a woman based on several trinkets found in her handbag. We all know
that women's handbag is a treasure chest. However, combining exemplary
findings, we cannot draw a sketch of the woman's personality.
The conclusion is that we cannot answer the question
of who we are, if we rely only on a few facts of our lives. Let us for a moment
of disconnection. Let us venture into the jungle of our personality. Let's give a little bit of pink into our
black and white lives.




Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz